Re: The Calling

To: DWADE REINSCH <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
Subject: Re: The Calling
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:49:33 -0400
DWADE REINSCH wrote:
> Let me agree with Greg and add my .02 worth.  I believe, no matter how
> much electric car/alternative fuel research is done, that we will
> continue to use gasoline as our primary fuel until it is *completely*
> gone.

  Long before it is completely gone, it will become expensive, and
the world will migrate to something else by choice, such as
electric vehicles.

  This reminds me of a similar discussion with vegetarians who
say that if we keep eating meet, we'll all starve because
to feed the cows takes so much farmland there will be a food
shortage.

  In both cases, supply and demand laws of money will save
the day. When gas becomes $15/liter electric will seem
pretty darn good. And when beef is $45/kg tofu will
be darn tasty.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada