This grinding is driving me NUTS!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: This grinding is driving me NUTS!!
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 22:21:31 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

Since getting my MGA on the road this past Spring, I've had a problem here
and there with my first gear grinding (seems to be getting worse).  I'll pull
up to a stop light and wait until I notice the light in the other direction
turn yellow, then I'll press in the clutch and wait a few seconds before
putting the car into first gear.  Sometimes it will go right in with no
problem, but every once in a while, it will grind.  I've noticed that it gets
worse, the more things are warmed up.  Sometimes pulling the clutch out and
then back in seems to help.

I don't believe it's the hydraulics because everything is new.  The engine is
fresh and I believe the clutch is new too.  I've never talked to the PO but
since the tranny had been recoupled with the engine since the rebuild, I
figured everything is fresh.

Maybe the clutch is misaligned?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Helms
http://members.aol.com/trmgafun/index.html