Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:06:34 -0400
Message text written by Rick Morrison
>Adrian,
 you just described the classic, text book symptoms of a stuck or frozen
mechanical advance in the dizzy.<

Rick,
        Well, I know what you mean but I believe it was due to my running=

the carbs too lean.  See previous message for the gory details..   It now=

runs over 4000 rpm in the garage and the advance can be seen with the
strobe.  Unfortunately, it still won't go over 3000 on the road.  If I tr=
to enrichen the carbs more, then I get wads of black smoke out the tail
pipe  I now think the carb needles are worn Then again it could be
something freaking totally different.
        Before I got your message I put the old distributor back in but
gave the advance mechanism a couple of squirts of WD 40.  How come you
don't advise it - I've just bought a "Family Pack" of the damn stuff.  It=
's
a real manly underarm deodorant.
        When I got your message I went down and took out the distributor
and re-checked the advance mechanism (I can do this with my eyes closed
now).  It's working OK.

Regards,   Adrian
        =