Re: MG Tunes

To: mgguyc100@newedge.net
Subject: Re: MG Tunes
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 21:55:25 EDT
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:05:03 -0600 (MDT) Williams/MG Guy
<mgguyc100@newedge.net> writes:
>Followed the thread with interest about appropriate tuneage (sp?) for
>MGs.
>Deep Purple's "Highway Star" was the theme song of my first B - a red
>'71
>roadster! Since I've had the GT for 23 years, a goodly number of types
>of
>music have passed through it's cockpit, particularly memorable, the
>"Made In
>The Shade" Stones album, ZZ Top's "Fandango" (BTW, Sharp Dressed Man
>will
>lead directly to a speeding ticket if played at high volume on a hot
>summer's night...).
 SNIP

 Not to mention playing CCR's "Traveling Band" at elevated volumes on a
clear night can garner more than a handful of "Fast Driving Awards" from
the local contabulary.

Been there done that  and haven't learned my lesson yet!!
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget