Re: MG Tunes

To: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Subject: Re: MG Tunes
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 11:31:43 -0700
Williams/MG Guy wrote:

> All of this leads me to a rant (oh, good..)
>
> Drives me nuts when I go to most all-marque car shows, and the prevailing
> style of music is like a bad American Graffitti trip. Kills me that people
> who have late-70s iron - particularly US of origin - INSIST on playing the
> 'Do Whop A Ditty' icons of the mid-fifties! (Not that there's anything wrong
> with that..)
>
> If these folks were as true to the music as they were to the original air
> filters, then the '69/'70/'71 era cars should be accompanied by the Deep
> Purples, Cream, Grand Funk RR, CCR, CSN&Y..
>
> The mid-to-late '70s oughtta have early Elton, Eagles Desperado, BTO, Queen,
> ELO, Blondie, Supertramp..

My all-time favorite driving song for the MGB would have to be "Greased
Lightning"
off the "Grease" soundtrack.  I can identify with the high-school crowd that
has to
beg, borrow, and steal (I DON'T do that!) to get their car into nice shape.
Second would have to be the Elton John song "Made in England."  Third, as a
"period"
song, I'd have to either go with "Hotel California" by the Eagles or
"Frakenstein" by
The Edgar Winters Band...But I digress...
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College