Re[2]: LBC Safety

To: bearlock@erols.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: LBC Safety
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:14:00 -0500
At [Mon, 08 Sep 1997 13:04:17 -0400]
Bob De Weese <bearlock@erols.com> wrote:

>  OTHO - if I'm
> barreling down I-95 and "shit happens" am I better off riding it out
> along with the car, or would I be better off getting "spit out" _before_
> the car hits the tree?.

For what it's worth, I was at the junkyard this weekend helping dad get
some parts for his Dodge.  There was a 78 MGB that had been in a head-on
with a mini-van.  The driver, a 17 year old, had immediately died.  He
was killed when he hit a nearby tree.

I always wear my seat belt, but I'm honest about it.  If I wreck the MGB
and it's my time to go, no seat belt or airbag is gonna save me.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke