Re: LBC Safety

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@juno.com>
Subject: Re: LBC Safety
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 23:21:27 -0400

Larry Dickstein wrote:

>         After 25 years and 3 days of dealing w/ this type of thing, I can
> honestly tell you that these are largely urban myths.  The same goes  for
> the philosophy that "in case I end up in the water (or fire) I won't have
> to deal w/ a seat belt".  The "thrown clear" types are only BS'ing
> themselves and their buddies.  Yes, anything is possible but, all things
> considered, staying in the car (even a LBC) is preferable to sliding down
> the interstate on your Levi's w/ a Ford station wagon in hot pursuit.
> You cannot unass a car fast enough to avoid a rearend accident and,
> should you get out, you don't know where the other vehicle might end up.

Amen to that! Listen carefully, listers! (Unless, of course, you WANT a rich,
widowed, SO). I was just in a motorcycle accident last Friday & guarantee you
do NOT want to go sliding anywhere w/o the car! Not to mention that I was
wearing leathers & a helmet. Low speed cornering dump, here, no permenant
injuries, but I heard (not felt, thank goodness) my head hit the pavement. .
. .  Do you wear a helmet in your "B"?

Gary
Michigan

"Looking for an MGB"