Re: MGA, where do I strip.

To: RCR293@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA, where do I strip.
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:04:20 -0700
At 10:27 PM 9/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

 Rather than sand these down  I
>thought I might send them to be stripped.  BUT, I can't seem to find a place
>that will do the stripping.  So my question:
>  Does anyone know of a chemical stripping outfit within about 3 hours of
>Columbia, S.C.?  Atlanta maybe?  Charlotte?

Rob,

If you're a "hands-on" kind of guy consider DIY chemical stripping.  I
stripped the bonnet of my TC three years ago with a 4l jug of Aircraft
Finish Remover.  I don't have the container at home right now but it's still
not empty.  I removed at LEAST six coats of paint from the tops and both
sides and with all the louvers thats a lot of stipping.  If I recall the
price was about  $35 CDN and 1/2 weekend, picked it up at a local
automotive/industrial supplier.  I'm sure with the smoother panels of an A
there would be lot's less elbow grease required.

If you're interested I'll see if I can get more info from the container when
I go back to the shop on Tuesday. (Four day weekend....eat yer hearts out!)

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)         Surrey, BC  CANADA
 1947 MG-TC 3528           1966 MGB-GT