Re: True or False

To: gkirk@empirenet.com (Gregory Kirk)
Subject: Re: True or False
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 12:05:47 -0400
Greg - Yes, it's true that it's a pain when you get something apart and
you find out you need a part, and rushing to get your daily driver back
together so you can get to work the next day is rough.

BUT, when I used to have a mechanic work on the car, I'd have to drop it
off in the morning, leaving it all day, and I'd still have to find a way
to get to and from work that day.  Then, if it needs something that is
not immediately available (ie:  sold by NAPA, etc), then you're waiting
another day to get the part shipped in (and paying an arm and a  leg for
it).  I am not in a small town like Debbie's, but, currently, the only
local source for parts (other than junkyards) is the MG club's tech
advisor (it's not his business; he just does it to be nice), and he only
has the basics, so I can empathize with Debbie and her dilemma.

I can understand the drawbacks of working on your daily driver yourself,
but Debbie's not in a position where she has much of a choice.  She only
has four mechanics in town, and none of them knows anything about LBCs
(and I doubt if they have parts for them either).

Debbie, don't listen to this guy.  Start working on your own car - I'm
not suggestion you rebuild engines, but there's no reason why you can't
do your own brakes, carbs, tune-ups, etc.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort