Re: True or False

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: True or False
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 22:24:26 -0500
At 08:32 PM 9/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>  The difference exists, but it's not as big as you might
>think after unit conversion.

Unless I misunderstood the above: I wonder if you've ever driven an early B
vs. a later one, Trevor? The difference is like night and day, not to
mention handling.
 Also, I have no qualms at removing emission equipment from a 20+ year old
automobile (providing it is legal to do so). If every 20+ year old
automobile in the world had its emission equipment removed I suspect the air
quality would not suffer much. The problem is that the early seventies to
early eighties engines were ancient designs to which modern gadgetry was
added as a stop-gap measure. On the other hand, a modern engine would not
show much improvement if you removed emission gear, since they were designed
hand in hand.

.02

Michael, New Bern, NC