Re: Running on?

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: Running on?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:56:42 +0000
> Scott,
>
> I use Bosch Supers (forget the number) gapped to
> .035"  My coil is a cheapo auto zone, as I didn't
> want to spend $40 ordering one when I didn't know
> what type to use for ballasted, etc.  It works fine
> though.
>
> I'm not sure if my mixture is set correctly but it runs
> fine.  It may be a tad rich as there is a little sooty
> spot in the garage where I revved the car at 2500rpm
> for 30secs (per the manual).
>
> My timing is set for the year pistons I have (also dunno
> of that's correct but it doesn't pink under load and it
> very rarely diesels- just when it's really hot outside).
> Hasn't happened in two weeks.
>
> Unfortunately this type of problem is hard to diagnose
> without trial and error.  It was hot during the day when
> I drove the car to work, etc, so it dieselled.  Then at
> night (when I fooled with the timing, mixture, etc) it
> was cooler and it would not diesel.  Next day, hot, it
> dieselled again.  Very frustrating.  Good luck with it
> though.
>
> Tyson

I have the Bosch Platinums now, but will go to the NGKs for
consistency's sake.  I have the owner's glovebox manual, so will use
all of the recommended values as a starting point.  I got the Luca
sport coil because It came with the kit from Brit-Tek, but I've heard
that unless I open up the gap a bit, I'm really getting no benefit
from the hipo coil around town.
scott