Re: Running on?

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Running on?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 22:56:42 +0000
> Scott,
>
>      Boy have you racked up the miles!  I've got about 50 on mine since the
> rebuild.  It sure runs much better!  Usually, run-on is associated with a
> high idle speed.  Mine is now idling at about 1200 rpm, but luckily I haven't
> had any run-on---yet.  If it isn't pinging, a better grade of gasoline means
> fewer Btu's and thus less POWER.
>
> Tom Green
> 1979 MGB

Tom,
        Well, unless I can wrestle my wife's motorcycle away from her, the
'B' is my daily driver, and it's a 35-mile round trip to base.
        That's pretty much what I expected about the gasoline.  Maybe I need
to switch to a better BRAND, not necessarily  better GRADE.  I've
been getting my gas at a Citgo across the street, but maybe with all
of the drastic weather changes, I would be better off with a place in
town that has a higher turn-over rate.
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com