Re: [Non-MG] Re: This list being used for solicitations?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Non-MG] Re: This list being used for solicitations?
From: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:46:17 -0700
Word on the street is that Carol (car@texas.net) said:

> I made a similar inquiry of this list about a month ago. I, too, thought
> the list of list users had been hooked by somebody(ies). After a bit of
> discussion, and some more digging on my own, I realized that I had used the
> Use-Net (??) a few months back. It was likely from there that my name got
> snagged.

Actually, here's why people on the list are being spammed.  To get a
complete list of all the email addresses of everyone on this list, all
you have to do is subscribe to mgs and then send

who mgs

in the body of a message to majordomo@autox.team.net

Try it yourself...

> All I'm getting now is the MLM nonsense... at least you're getting more
> interesting offers!!  WOW!! Porno and car parts! What a combination...!

Gives Snap-On a whole new meaning!

Skye

--
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/