Re: [Non-MG] Re: This list being used for solicitations?

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: [Non-MG] Re: This list being used for solicitations?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:19:56 -0400
Kai Radicke wrote:
> thing for anyone that is getting SPAMed to request that you provider filter
> *all* known IP blocks from AGIS.  My provider has decided to filter all
> AGIS traffic to the bit bucket.

  There are two caveats to this.

  One is that AGIS also does have some legitimate customers. For
a personal account, sure, go ahead, block away. But to do so
unilateraly for a whole ISP can be cutting off some connections
that people choose. AGIS is something like the third biggest
bandwith provider in the US, the spam kings are only some
of their customers, not all.

  As you mentioned, your old dynanet address was an agis customer,
so if somebody on this list had their ISP block agis, it could
mean you couldn't contact them privately if you wanted to.

  The other issue is that as of October 14th, the worst of
the spammers will no longer have access at AGIS. AGIS cut
them off a few weeks ago, but in court a judge decided that
Cyberpromo was entitled to 30 days notice like any other
customer, so the cut off date is now October 14th.

  After that day, they will find a new home no doubt, so
you'll have to edit those IP filters anyways.

> Ok Trevor, I know you'll find something wrong with my message...so add your
> stuff too

  I..... can't..... help..... it.

--
Trevor Boicey