Re: engine considerations

To: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: engine considerations
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:57:46 -0700
At  7:48 AM 10/22/97 -0700, Skip Kelsey wrote:
>Nina:
>
>Is the crack in the block, or the cyl head? Blocks usually dont crack.

Well Skip, there's definitely cracks running between cylinders #3 and 4 in
the block.  I have talked to Hilary Reddy, and he wants between $4,000 and
$5,000 to do a complete rebuild.  This is a bit out of my price range, so
I'm thinking of doing it myself with lots of help from the people in our
club.  It would be a good learning experience for me, and the car would
benefit in the bargain.  If you have any more pointers, I'd love to hear
them!        Nina