RE: Stripped Alloy Bolt Hole

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Stripped Alloy Bolt Hole
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:43:54 -0500
Adrian wrote:

>...[snip]...
> just tightening up one of the last bolts holding on the oil pan, when the
> grim realisation struck his numbed brain that the bolt hole was stripped.
>...[snip]...
> Can you save this wretched, clueless individual from blowing up one of
> Her Majesty's vehicles?  Do you know where he may purchase a tube
> of  "Instant Bolt Hole" ?  Or what?

Well ... I got to thinking ... what would 'hamfisted' Bob Allen do in this
situation ... ;^)

Go to ... http://www.permatex.com/mrktchnls/auto_main/  ... select
'Under Hood' from the menu ... then scroll to the bottom of the page
and select 'Loctite Form-A-Thread Stripped Thread Repair' ... bingo!

I'm not sure that this will do the trick, but its the best idea that I can
come up with short of pulling the engine.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII - sans 'Loctite Form-A-Thread Stripped Thread Repair'