Re: OD engagement light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OD engagement light
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 29 Oct 1997 13:28:02 -0600
In <301478D07C83D011807200805F50195701EE3553@red-20-msg.dns.microsoft.com>,
Randy Rees (Volt Computer) wrote:
>Here is a question then, has anyone ever set up a light to tell them
>when OD is engaged? It would be a bummer to have it engaged and forget
>about it. Or is this even necessary?

It is a simple matter to rig a light off the line that feeds the
solenoid.  This will tell you whether there is voltage going to the
solenoid.  This won't tell you whether the OD is engaged, since that
depends on the effectiveness of both the solenoid and the pump.  The
lockout switch, which is mounted on the gearbox extension casting,
only permits the od to engage in 3/4 gear.  The od can be damaged
easily under any other circumstance.  I certainly don't trust my
clarity of thinking enough to bypass this switch.  If the switch isn't
working right, I wouldn't use the od until the switch is repaired.

                        A. B. Bonds