Re: OD engagement light

To: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Subject: Re: OD engagement light
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:16:16 +0000
Carol wrote:

> Is overdrive REALLY worth all the aggravation that I have been reading
> about on this list for over a year... If I had to remember to turn
> something on and off, I'd be buying new transmissions almost daily... slow
> learner!

It's worth about 12 mph for the same rpm.

Also, as Chris stated, 3rd/OD is about the same as straight fourth. This
is a good thing. When racing up a long series of switchbacks, you can
shift back and forth from 3rd to a quasi-4th with a fingertip on the
wiper stalk and you don't have to release your grip on the wheel (or use
the clutch).
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"The switchbacks in question are on route 9 in Arkansas from Allison to