Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:15:52 -0800
Nina...

This is a one-person job, provided you can find a way to hold the seat
bottom frame securely. The best way is in a vise but I have also seen it
done clamped to one of those "Work-Mate" tables. Then you need a pair of
vise-grips to grab & pull the hooks. There is no way of making the rubber
more pliable without damaging it. You'll find one person can stretch the
rubber quite far enough so long as the seat is held securely, giving you
something to pull against.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center