Re: Name this part

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Name this part
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 00:44:16 -0800 (PST)
---Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca> wrote:

> Chris Nevard wrote:
> > When plugged into a 12V power supply the 'coaster' would
> > cool down thus creating a cold base to stand your pint of 'John
> > Smiths' on  - keeping it refreshingly cool on those hot summer days.
>
>   Wow. Forget working on this non-essential item called
> the fuel pump, I gotta get that thing working!
>
> > Seriously though could it be the innerds of a tacho or speedo?
>
>   I suppose, but it doesn't seem to have any fittings for
> any moving parts. It seems to be mostly solid.
>
>   Could it be a buzzer of some kind, ripped out by the DPO the
> same time he unhooked the blower fan because it wouldn't
> stop?
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

How fat is it  -  will it fit in your picture scanner?
Suppose at the end of the day you could blast some volts into it and
see what happens - probably polarity sensitive though . . .

Cheers
==
Chris Nevard

"An extrovert computer programmer? One who talks while staring at YOUR shoes."

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>