RE: Name this Part

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Subject: RE: Name this Part
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:25:44 -0500
>In 1974 (also known as the Era of the Great Silliness), the Feds came up
>with a law that required a system to disable the starter until the
>driver (and front seat passenger if present) fastened their seatbelts.
>BL addressed the problem with pressure sensing switches located between
>the seat cushions and the support webbing.  When someone eased their
>backside into the seat, the switch would close and operate a relay that
>would disable the ignition/starter switch until they fastened their
>seatbelt.

My ex girlfriend used to have a 74? Dodge Charger with the same thing,
except that it only operated a warning buzzer.

We called it: "The Butt Sensor"

In fact, it was so fun, that I was able to tap out morse code using my arse
and the seat (I swear I did...).

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
MG Cars Webring Admin.
MG Cars Webring - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis/mgcars