Re: Name this part

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Name this part
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:33:33 -0800
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   I suppose, but it doesn't seem to have any fittings for
> any moving parts. It seems to be mostly solid.

        Is it kinda like a push-button style switch?  It sounds very similar to
the
switches fitted to '74 cars as a government regulation.  It fit under the seat,
and
was wired to the ignition switch and the seatbelt warning lights.  If someone
was
sitting in the car seat and their seatbelt wasn't fastened, the car refused to
start.
 From what I can recall, there was a thread on these things this summer, and
most
folks thought they were really annoying.  My DPO thought the ignition switch
was shot
on my 'B, so he wired up a pushbotton start switch in it's place.  Had he
bothered to
read the owner's manual, he would have known what to look for...

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College