Re: New title

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New title
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:59:24 -0600
>I know of the process but not the company. Alabama doesn't have titles on
>cars (sounds amazing, eh?) so what you get is a fancy bill of sale from
>Alabama and then you go dicker with your state's license office to title
>your 'new' car.
>--
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6

Yes, Alabama does have titles, but not on cars older than 1975. See my post
below to Dave:

>>Hi Dave,
>>
>>Alabama doesn't issue titles for cars older than 1975. All we get is a
registration, and all that is required to sell the car is a bill of sale
and the registration. When I registered my car (71 B) this summer, all I
had was a bill of sale (the owner had lost the title). I think it cost me
about $40, tax, license, and registration. I assume that since Alabama
doesn't issue a title, it would be easy to obtain a title in another state
that does issue them by providing the limited paperwork issued by Alabama.

Regards,

Alan Lott
GTA, Dept of Rehab and Sp Ed
Auburn University