RE: Jingoism at its best

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: RE: Jingoism at its best
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:07:11 -0800 (PST)
Dear John,

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, John McEwen wrote:

=%OSorry, George.  No more $2.00 bills.  Now we have coins - Toonies.  Our
=%O$1.00 coins are loonies.  The whole country is becoming a Loonie Toon.  We
=%Ohave Americans playing baseball, Americans playing football, Quebecois who
=%Owant to play with themselves and Americans who can't play hockey.

Just the men, my man, just the men. I can't tell you how disgusted I was
with our men's hockey team. What a bunch of poseurs! They should be
ashamed of themselves. The result might have been different if our men's
team had 1/10 the fire and desire that our women's team exhibited. As
proud as I was about our 1980 team, I am disgusted with our 1998 olympic
team. Again, it shows several things, not the least of which is the
importance of desire in athletic contests. If, for whatever reason-
arrogance, overconfidence, laziness, cowardice, etc.- you don't want to
win as much as your opponent, you will most likely lose.
Unfortunately, our men's team this year looked like they might have had
more than one reason not to want to win.
If they lacked the skills etc. to compete, I would not have been so
pissed, but they took the spots of people who would have given their all
to play. Our "pros" should be ashamed of themselves.

=%O
=%OJohn
=%O
=%O
=%O>A question to those up North.
=%O>
=%O>Rumor has it that on the Canadian $2 bill, that the flag that is flying by
=%O>the Parliament building is a U.S. flag.
=%O>
=%O>What's the scoop?
=%O>
=%O>-----Original Message-----
=%O>From:   Ross MacPherson [SMTP:arm@bc.sympatico.ca]
=%O>Sent:   Wednesday, February 18, 1998 10:37 PM
=%O>To:     Nory
=%O>Cc:     mgs@autox.team.net
=%O>Subject:        Re: Jingoism at its best
=%O>