Crappy car manuals

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crappy car manuals
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:58:54 -0800
Just spent the day replacing a half shaft on my wife's VW RABBITT!!!!!
It is nowhere as much fun as working on my MG!!!!My gripe is WHY don't
these car repair manuals in this case a Haynes tell you what tools you
need?All they say is "remove hub nut"I had to run all over time finding
a 30 MM socket.....next remove 6 bolts holding inner CV joint to
trans...I had to run all over town looking for a 8 MM 12 point star
wrench of course I couldn't see the bolts good enough to tell what they
were!It would have saved me a lot of time and frustration to know what
special tools are needed.All of us don't have complete tool warehouses
and should be able to do the job with common tools I don't have to buy
anything special to work on my B Is this the Germans getting back at me
because I have the nerve to park a BRITISH car next to the VW?Thanks for
letting me vent!
Pat