Re: starting newsgroup

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: starting newsgroup
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:54:32 -0400
At 10:14 AM -0500 3/15/98, Larry Macy wrote:
>1) NAY!!!!
>
>2) Where do you get off using "rebelgeek" as a handle? Rebel is usually
>one whom is from the south. Or has lived in the south. Use it at your own
>risk.
>
>And stay away from the usenet groups. Unless you have a lot of time on
>your hands.
>
>Larry Macy
>78 Midget

Wow,

There's some hostility for ya, almost makes me fell like I *am* in
a usenet group. Actually, Websters Dictionary says nothing in it's
definition of the word rebel to substantiate your second statement.
I won't bother quoting the whole definition here, but you can look
it up should you care to do so.

If someone wants to start a usenet group, why not let them? No one
says you have to partake in it. I'd rather have as many sources to
draw information from as possible. Not all of the MG owners in the
world are on this list, by opening new avenues of communication
between MG owners we may gain from the experience of others who know
nothing of this list.

I personally don't think there is anything to lose by trying it as
an addition to this list, if there are those who care to setup and
moderate such an undertaking.

that's my .02

Robert Weeks
Durham NC