Re: dashpot oil

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: dashpot oil
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 20:29:09 EST
On Sat, 04 Apr 1998 20:18:05 -0500 "Unger, Larry G"
<larry.g.unger@lmco.com> writes:
>> Gotta line up behind Chip on this one.  Every time I
>> see the ad in Moss Motors for the special "damper oil",
>> my eyes get misty in admiration for the marketing folks
>> who thought that one up.  I mean, it really appeals to
>> you, doesn't it - use the "correct" stuff in those
>> incredibly complex and demanding SU carbs.....beautiful.
>
>Yep ...and don't forget the little bottle ... I'm sure
>that it cost them more to manufacture that then to fill
>it with the "correct" stuff (aka motor oil).  I must admit
>that I just had to have one of those nifty little bottles
>with SU stamped on it ... well at least its easy to refill
>and it helps this OF remember what to put into carbs ... ;^)

>From the "Tightwad Owners Manual"
 For a neat carberator damper filler, go to the local sewing machine
repair store and ask for a oil bottle. It's a small (about 5 oz) plastic
bottle, with accordion pleats. The cap has a nifty snout that's ideal for
getting in the damper opening without dripping oil all over the carbs.
 Cost is about $2
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget