Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 23:01:34 -0500
Good Lord, it boggles the mind!  Now ODs cause accidents on ice.
Outlaw `em Senator and save our children!

 Rebuild a used tranny before installing it?  $700?  Sheesh, I stuck it
into the car and took it for a spin!  It absolutely amazes me, the
rationalizations the anti-OD forces can come up with.  I'm further
amazed that some people are so vehement about it.

  I shudder to think of all the millions of vehicle owners worldwide who
have been sold a bill of goods over the years by those nasty car
manufacturers, selling them useless overdrives!  Get a rope, men!  Get a
bunch of ropes!  We'll march on Detroit for openers.

  Overdrive Chas.