Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:10:53 -0400
Initially interested by the phrase "5 speed" in the title, I ended up
reading this discussion with decreasing enthusiasm.  However, I must
applaud this one paragraph from Mike Lishego:

>>> "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu> 05/10/98 01:02am >>>
An overdrive is great if you want a more civilized MGB.  I don't.  I
want
something that screams and whines on the highway.  I'm sick of cars that
are
less noisy, cars that are nothing but isolated little boxes on the road.
want a car that doesn't want to slug along at 3000 rpm, and is damn
proud of
it.  My MGB with OD was not that car.  It was a step away from Old No.
1,
and one step towards Chrysler Lebaron Convertible.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - Silent for 9 months now.  Not for much longer.