Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 5 speed vs. OD conversion
From: Jim Carlile <j_carlile@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 16:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Lishego,

I agree with you about OD. It's overrated. At the high speeds some
people say they like it at, the B is putting out mostly noise anyway!

When I bought my B new the dealer highly recommended against it-- even
though most the B's on the lot had it. It was $600 more, and Brit.
mechanics said it was a pain in the ass at 40k miles. I took all their
advice and was happy-- my tranny is still great at 250k and has never
been out. Engine too- still original and just starting to burn oil.
Who cares about 500 rpm more of noise with the top down anyway? Some
of these guys are the same ones who said they liked the Miata because
it can come with air-conditioning!

Jim
'74B