Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?

To: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Subject: Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:42:45 -0400
>Some time ago someone mentioned on the list that Miata drivers always
>have their tops up.  I got to watching for this and found it usually to
>be true.  I don't know if they are air conditioned but I've seen Miata's
>with black tops up on 95+ cloudless days here in Atlanta.  Now those
>folks cannot be comfortable.  They gotta be sweatin' like bandits in
>there.  I figure they must pick their noses or something and that is why
>they have their tops up.  That's one thing I learned - if I'm gonna dig
>for nose oysters - better take the GN with black tinted windows rather
>than the MGA.  Maybe they are all ugly (or have ugly people in the
>passenger seat).  They can't be much uglier than some of us ol' MGA
>jocks.  Inquiring minds want to know -  Why are the tops always up on
>Miatas?  Is this an Atlanta phenomena or universal?

I'm pretty sure that Miatas have AC fitted as standard.

I got a good look at one up close the other day --- am I right in thinking
that
my B has more legroom than the Miata has?

BEN RUSET
http://members.home.net/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring         http://mgbhaven.home.ml.org
1978 MGB Tourer / 1989 Mercury Cougar