Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?
From: "Ray e. Huff" <mgbrh@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 07:55:02 -0700
Larry Macy wrote:

> On 7/26/98 1:06 AM so and so (Engelhardt) said. (And I quote:)
>
> >Cordell, Ralph PhD wrote:
> >>
> >> Why are the tops always up on
> >> Miatas?  Is this an Atlanta phenomena or universal?
> >>

> >I followed a Miata out to beautiful Bodega Bay, Ca. today. Both windows
> >AND top were up. The sky was clear, temperature about 75. Couldn't ask
> >for better top down weather. Maybe they just can't remember how to put
> >the top down!
> >
> >Ron
> >58 MGA (top up in the rafters of my garage 'til it starts to rain again
> >in Oct.)
> Top?? What top??
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
>
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
> System Manager/Administrator
> Neuropsychiatry Section
> Department of Psychiatry
> University of Pennsylvania
> 3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
> Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
> In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
> gates?
Miata owners dont want to mess up thier hair or do as i do i wear a
hat.  Maybe they are so cramped they dont want to try to move enough to
put the top down.  Yes i have driven one a 1994 it was a friends for two
days when it was brand new.  Remember lbc law #1 if its not raining the
top should be down.
Law #2 if its above 40 degrees bundle up & watch the looks on miata
owners faces.
Law #3 Friends dont let friends drive MIATAS!!!   (meant in fun dont
flame me after all at 20 25000 for a new one you could have many lbcs to
have fun with.

Ray Huff Granite Falls Wa were it is going to be 90 today & the top will
be down for the third straight week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!