Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?

To: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>,
Subject: Re: Why do Miata's have their tops up?
From: Jim Sharp <jimsharp@ipa.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 98 11:06:47 -0500
>Some time ago someone mentioned on the list that Miata drivers always
>have their tops up.  I got to watching for this and found it usually to
>be true.  I don't know if they are air conditioned but I've seen Miata's
>with black tops up on 95+ cloudless days here in Atlanta.  Now those
>folks cannot be comfortable.  They gotta be sweatin' like bandits in
>there.

As some one who has both an MGB and a Miata I can tell you that I drive
top down most of the time in the Miata. That said, the top stays up with
the a/c on when the temp is 100 with high humidity. In Arknasas we have
had a lot of very hot weather and cooking in the sun is not my idea of
fun. The air cond. is why I bought the Miata.

Jim Sharp