RE: Winter Prep Work

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>, Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: RE: Winter Prep Work
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:15:33 +0200
        I have stored my MGB for four years or more on three different
occasions.  All I did was top off all the fluids, put it up on jack-stands
(to take the weight off the suspension), and put a tiny bit of oil in each
cylinder.  Of course, when I put it back on the road, I change all the
fluids.  I have had this car for 27 years now, and it still runs great and
looks great.  As Philip Raby said a few months ago,  "what do you people do
with your MGs ?"  (Sorry to use your name in vain, Philip.)

        "Jay"
        John S. van Syckel
        1971 MGB (BRG, no PO)

        Hi Dan,

        I don't think I'd block the cuutch pedal down all winter.  I believe
there'd be enough internal fluid leakage in the cylinders that the clutch
would slowly reengage after a period of time no matter where the pedal was.

        Anybody on the list ever try it??
        CR