Re: Winter Prep Work

To: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Winter Prep Work
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:16:50 -0400
Phil Vanner wrote:

> That would be "real" winter, even if it is just a bit
> North of the Mason-Dixon line. What limited experience I
> had of winter in Pittsburgh was much worse than New England.

  Well, it doesn't need to turn into a contest of "my winter
is worse than your winter".

  However, whenever somebody asks how to put their car away
for the winter, they inevitably get a semi-indignant reply
that all but infers they are a wimp for suggesting anything
but 365d/y use.

  The original comment said "I drive it all year around
except when it snows". Well, in a lot of places of the world
including where I am, that means months at a time of no
driving. So you are really best to store it. Besides, even
if you get a dry day the salt is going to be there and
a half hour drive isn't worth it compared to two hours
of scrubbing salt off every metal part of the car.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933