Re: Winter Prep Work

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Winter Prep Work
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:31:06 -0400
At 03:50 PM 8/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Steven Tritle wrote:
>>
>> Why put her away at all? I drive the TD all winter....just not in the snow.
>
>  Depends on what you call "Winter".
>
>  Usually when I see somebody suggesting they drive the car
>all winter, they live in one of those states where winter
>means a sweater and a once a year dusting of snow causing
>100 car pileups.
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
>tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933
>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

Trevor, Kansas City, Missouri may not compare with Ottawa for winters (I
know it can't), but we =are= known for severe ice storms and you better not
even think sweater in the winter or you'll be asking someone to get your
blood moving again with the "blue wrench".  Anyway, when I was a tyke of 17
I owned a 1963 Midget.  Top came off the first day it wasn't raining and
didn't go back on again unless it rained again (car stored outside).
Notice I said "raining".  For snow I didn't feel it was worth putting the
top up.  The car was a beater so no chance of screwing it up worse.  I'd
get up in the morning, take one of those little whisk brooms out to the car
with me and after getting the major snow out of the seat with a winshield
scraper I'd whisk out the seat and off I'd go in the 18 degree F winter -
top down.

That is when I wasn't walking 10 miles to and from school in the blinding
snow - uphill both ways.  :)

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos