Re: Gauge grounding? - MGB

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Gauge grounding? - MGB
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:15:23 +0000
ccrobins wrote:

> Harlan,
>
>   Not according to my Bentley manual diagrams and my experience with my
> '69, which has the electric oil press sensor.  My gas and temp sensors
> read high when my stab was upside down; oil press was OK.
>
>   Later....  I looked at several diagrams in the Bentley manual.
> What'll throw you is that the diagrams show the oil press guage
> connected to the "B" terminal of the stabilizer.  The B side is the
> battery (or alternator) supply voltage.  The "I" terminal is the
> stabilized output, only goes to the temp and gas guages.
>
>   Charley

In confirmation, the factory workshop manual does indeed show a green going to
the
oil gauge and light green/green going to the other two.  The Haynes shows one
wire
going to all three gauges, but it changes from light green/green to green when
it
goes from the temp to the oil, and back again wheh it goes fron the oil to the
fuel.  Obviously a mistake.

PaulH.