Re: MGB and Pinto?

To: image77@ibm.net
Subject: Re: MGB and Pinto?
From: grunt14@juno.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:03:40 -0400
Corvairs did get a bum rap, I launched a TR-6 with myself and a friend
off a road at 65+ miles an hour in 1969 bounced off a couple trees tore
out the drivers side axel and trailing arm and we both walked away, Car
was on road in couple weeks, Had to wait for parts. Was hit in brand new
chevy in 86 by a t-bird at 30 miles an hour and the engine was back 18
inches and the plastic interior blew up and flew around like shrap metal,
Car went to scrap yard, all passengers to hospitals, Would have dopne
better in a B or simillar car. Carl E.