Re: Brake JOB Do's and Don'ts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake JOB Do's and Don'ts
From: James <James@LWSD.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:44:43 -0600
>the one thing that you should make sure that you do is bend
>the tabs back against the bolts that hold the caliper on.It's the little
>locking plate I'm refering to. For what ever reason the bolts work their
>way loose if this is not done. Other cars don't even have these and their
>bolts stay tight...go figure!

Ah, this is a question that occured to me as I disassembled the front
suspension on my '74 the other day. Has anyone tried split washers in lieu
of the bend-over tabs on these bolts, and if so, how did you fare? I'll be
using the car for autocrossing, which means new brake pads every 4 to 6
months, and the tabs are a pain to undo....

- James Einolf