Re: MG racers

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: MG racers
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:50:06 -0800
Word on the street is that Neil Cotty said:
> >front cover had two bmc prepared MGs on the front cover.
> >I believe at least on if not both were MGC's
>
> Yes MG World, I haven't been able to get my copy yet, damned hard to find,
> but the previous months mag has a pic of the next front cover. Can you
> believe this mag sells for $11 here!?!! I still buy it. <G> The picture was
> of the MGC GTS. The Sebring cars were 2968cc, Triple Webers, Six port head -
> producing 202bhp. Finished 10th at Sebring in 1968 driven by Paddy Hopkirk,
> finished 6th the same year at the 'ring.

The prevous issue of MG World did indeed have a feature on the MGC GTS
which was excellent but the issue before that (two issues previous?) had
an article on the history of the long-nose MGB and a period article on
what it was like to drive a Le Mans MGB around on public roads!

Phil are you still on the list? Keep up the racing articles!! Great stuff!!

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)    MGOFR 1.375