Re: MG racers-Reply

To: "Keith Wheeler" <keithw@sand.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG racers-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:04:49 +0930
>I think 7 DBL was wearing the long nose on the Monte.  I'll
>look for pic and info references.  I remember reading in
>Sprinzel's book that they crashed one of 'em on the Tulip
>Rally (I think?).  Or maybe it was the Alpine.

Keith,
           MG, The A B & C, by Chris Harvey has a full page picture in color
of car #31 which was 7 DBL wearing the long nose. The caption is :-

Plate 16 facing page

Alan Hutcheson and Paddy Hopkirk take the long-nosed MGB registered 7 DBL to
twelfth place at Le Mans in '63 despite having spent eighty five minutes
stuck in a sandbank at the end of the Mulsanne Straight.

This book, from page 90 to page 127, has some pictures and dialogue on
racing the MG A's, B's & C's

Regards,

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.