Re: MG racers

To: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>, "Keith Wheeler" <keithw@sand.net>,
Subject: Re: MG racers
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:49:35 +1000
>front cover had two bmc prepared MGs on the front cover.
>I believe at least on if not both were MGC's

Yes MG World, I haven't been able to get my copy yet, damned hard to find,
but the previous months mag has a pic of the next front cover. Can you
believe this mag sells for $11 here!?!! I still buy it. <G> The picture was
of the MGC GTS. The Sebring cars were 2968cc, Triple Webers, Six port head -
producing 202bhp. Finished 10th at Sebring in 1968 driven by Paddy Hopkirk,
finished 6th the same year at the 'ring.

Sigh, an MGC GTS - a car I'd love to own. :) Interesting thing, they made
more MGC roadsters than GTs, but how many roadsters do you see? I think I've
seen maybe 5 at best, all the time I've lived in Sydney! Quite a few GT's.

Cheers,
Neil.