Re: MGB prices

To: fayth@ibm.net, mgs@autox.team.net, Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: MGB prices
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:02:58 EST
In a message dated 2/21/99 3:11:31 PM Central Standard Time, fayth@ibm.net
writes:

<< My dad and I want to try
 our hand at the Rover v8 conversion and I think I would feel bad about
 tearing apart such a nice stock vehicle. >>

Obie:

   You would be better off buying Lawrie's car, pull the motor and rebuild
to *FLAT OUT RACE CONDITION* than wasting your time looking for a
suitable donor for a V-8 transplant sitution at anything NEAR a reasonable
price.

   Of course, you can spend the next mellina looking for a car that will
accept the new torque and horsepower 'cause it has nothing rusted in it.

   My suggestion - learn to drive a 'B' in either 'stock' or 'uprated' motor
condition BEFORE you even think of the Rover/Buick swap.

   Tell me (and list) when you win your SCCA class at the Natiionals in
Salinas, KS in a Stock or Street Prepared 'B' and EVERY one will back
your idea!!!!   ----Just MHO, of course!?!?!?-----

           Ed