RE: Melted Gearbox Mounts/Half Speed Speedo

To: REwald9535@aol.com
Subject: RE: Melted Gearbox Mounts/Half Speed Speedo
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:00:47 -0800
Rick:

        It is oil.  This is a very common problem that anyone who has parted
out/worked on a British cars usually runs across.  The original parts are
made out of natural rubber which does not take kindly to petroleum based
lubricants dribbling over it for years.  The new replacement mounts seem to
hold up pretty well from what I have seen pulling apart my drivers.

Kelvin.