Re: In defense of Lucas

To: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Subject: Re: In defense of Lucas
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:43:25 -0800
I guess they must really be terrible, but somehow I had a great ride today in my
52TD.  But then again its electrics are not entirely Lucas, the battery is from
Sears.  Come to think of it, it's showing signs of needing to be replaced. And
it's only six years old.

    Actually, I'm pulling your leg.  The engine's a '53 so the distributor and
generator aren't quite that old.  And the turn signal relay, even though it's an
NOS part, hasn't been in the car all that long.

     I don't anticipate any electrical failures in the 2000 or so miles that
I'll put on this year.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB (daily commuter)