RE: speaking of bumper stickers...

To: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Subject: RE: speaking of bumper stickers...
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:02:31 -0600
You can get a scraper that is designed just for removing decals. It's a
flat Nylon thing that looks kind of like a well-used piece of soap, about
the size of your palm and with fairly sharp edges. It has different shapes
on the sides that allow you to attack the sticker from the  best angle.
Because it's nylon it won't scratch. I got mine from a restaurant supply
place; back in the sous-chef days I used to use them to remove labels from
kitchen equipment/lexan bins, won't hurt non-stick surfaces, etc. Use a
liberal application of the solvent of choice, let it soak a bit, then
scrape it right off.

I used mine yesterday to remove some industrial strength tape from the top
of a glass coffee table my lovely wife purchased on sale. I used ammonia as
the solvent -stinky but it dissolved the remaining glue pretty quickly.

Phil Vanner