Re: craftsman vs. metrinch

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: craftsman vs. metrinch
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:27:45 -0600
With all due respect to the financial guy at Stanley, who added much info
regarding who
makes what, but not much as to actual quality, I will bet you the tool of your
choice that
I can pick the Snap-on from the Craftsman while blindfolded every time(I seldom
work in
heavy gloves).  I hesitated to mention in the original discussion the balance,
finish,
and feel, which is much different, as I suspected it would go over many heads.
buy what
you want, but you cannot negate the quality difference.  Same is true in air
tools,
Craftsman versus IR and such, and in power tools, Craftsman versus Soiux,
Milwaukee and
the like.If you can't satisfy yourself any other way, check the active trade in
Snap-on on
eBay, and look for the same in Craftsman, not there. Or perhaps everyone
participating
there is too dumb to understand.   Craftsman makes good value in tools made to
a price
target, but is not the equivalent of top line tools.  John