Re: Let me ask this another way...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Let me ask this another way...
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:05:23 +1000
Hi all,

I really don't mean to offend anyone here, and I apologise if I do - but
please try and use the cut & paste (it only takes a few seconds) and don't
requote the ENTIRE message. I've seen this same message, requoted in it's
entirity four times!!

Yeah I know, there is a delete button, but thats not the point, it costs
money to send this Email, costs the List Owner $$, costs you and me $$ to
download it etc. Let's try and be a bit more Internet aware, all of this
requoting of messages just wastes bandwidth and slows down the net - that
last issue being the most important.

It's a bit like software - Microsoft keeps selling us bigger and bigger
software, so we have to buy faster and faster hardware to keep up with it
and so on and so on. Vicious circle. Reducing the clutter on this list might
not help in any significant way, but it's a start. I'm subscribed to 10
lists and they all have the same problems!

Just my 0.63 of a cent :) - I'm from Australia, the exchange rate is REAL
bad, and the Net access is SLOW... lol!

Cheers,
Neil  - List admin of 5 mailing lists & Internet Service Provider