Re: Let me ask this another way...

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Let me ask this another way...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:45:12 -0700
Well, I don't volunteer an answer, at first, because I know my car isn't
original. But to be helpful I thought I'd check Clausager. I don't think
he addresses the question directly but the book has lots of photos of
original cars. In most photos the wheel wells are so dark one can't tell
how they're painted. However, the '75 GT-V8, Flamenco Red one-owner car,
seems to have body color wells. So does the 64 Tartan Red roadster, and a
Mirage 74 GT-V8, and an unidentified BRG MGC in the wheel & brake
section. Also, my pal's 69 OEW roadster, garaged & non-running since
1974, has body-color wells. So I think the preponderance of evidence
points to that conclusion. Hope this helps.

Lonn Howard had this to say:

--

Max Heim