Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B update and questions (long for most, usual for me)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:40:38 -0700
Hmmm, I can't see the lifting rod slipping out, because as soon as you
start to raise the car, it's "cocked" in the tube; that is to say, it's
under pressure on the top at one end, and the bottom at the other end, if
you see what I mean. It's not like it was a smooth fit all along the
length. You'd almost have to release the weight from it to pull it out, I
would think. But I've never tried kicking the jack out from under a car,
either...

Untested, possibly unscientific opinion, but based on some experience...

Jason Dutt had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149